Video is one of the most powerful tools to market your product online, attract more visitors to your website and keep them there longer.
The result is to hopefully generate more leads. More leads means more business.
Videos on demand (VOD) ads are everywhere and we’re spending more time watching them. Neilson, the company that rates Television programs, predicts that within 2 years, more than 90% of all web traffic will be video on demand.
And since Google now owns You Tube, guess what? VOD now plays a larger role in search engine optimization (SEO). That’s what it is all about. Helping more people find your website. More traffic. More leads. More business.
So how do you get started? Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you are planning a video:
- Brevity. In this case shorter is better. Keeping a video 2 – 3 minutes maximum has the better chance of keeping the viewer’s attention. Run longer and you have a good chance of losing them.
- Be a storyteller. Don’t just tell them what you’re selling. Tell and show them why your product is the best. Let them see and hear from your happy customers. Nothing is more powerful than a true customer testimonial.
- Don’t be a talking head. Even TV news is straying away from the news anchor at the desk. Engage and inspire your viewers. Shake things up a bit. Think graphics, music, animation, content. Include some action shots if possible. For example if you own a landscaping company, before and after shots are always successful but don’t forget to show yourself doing what you do, digging, mowing and working with your crew.
- Tell viewers what you want them to do. Make sure your video has a “call to action.” If you want them to buy from you, make it easy. Direct them to a button on your website to order or request more information. Make it simple and clear to find.
- Keep in mind where they are watching. In this tech-savvy age, it can be anywhere thanks to tablets and smartphones. Your video should be shot, edited and formatted to view on any device. Don’t know how to do this? Click the link below and we’ll get you the help you need.
- Determine your audience. Who are you trying to reach? One video may not serve all of your customers. For example if you sell specific products to individuals and specific products to businesses, you might need more than one video. One video could profile your company. Another could reach out to individuals and a third to businesses.
Video on demand is here and it’s not going anywhere. Maybe you want to incorporate VOD on your website, but you don’t know how to get started? Or maybe you’re not sure if you can afford it? After all, if you do a search on the web, you’ll find price points that vary from small to incredibly expensive. That’s where On Target! can help. You don’t have to have a monster budget to get a useful and powerful video marketing tool for your website.
Ready to get started? Contact On-Target! Marketing & Advertising, a Houston Advertising Agency.