Pay-Per-Click (PPC) is a customized marketing strategy that allows businesses to reach customers beyond organic search results. A good PPC marketing strategy will attract new visitors to your landing page and turn them into leads using targeted ads.
In 2018, small and medium-sized businesses spent between $9,000 and $10,000 on PPC every month. Although 45% of small businesses have used paid ads, PPC is a complex marketing concept that remains beyond the grasp of many.
This guide will help you understand PPC better so you can leverage it to scale your business.
What is a PPC campaign?
Pay-Per-Click, also known as Cost-Per-Click, is a way to generate visits to your website by strategically placing ads on the Google search results engine page (SERP). It involves finding the right keywords and bidding on them. The advertizer only pays when a customer clicks on the ad. When done right, PPC can earn you quality leads.
Google processes your company information when displaying your advertisement on top of organic search results. Each time a user clicks on the ad, Google directs them to your website for a small fee.
Although keyword research is a constantly evolving process that takes time, it is crucial to your campaign’s success. Populate your list with long-tail keywords that are unique and relevant. It will help drive the right traffic to your website.
You must test your keyword list against the following criteria:
- Relevant: To avoid irrelevant and unproductive traffic, bid only on keywords that will help you reach the right audience. Doing so will boost your click-through and conversion rates.
- Exhaustive: Look beyond popular and frequently used terms to find unique and specific keywords. There is less competition for these, which makes them a cost-effective option.
- Adaptable: Your keyword list should continually adapt to the evolving needs of your PPC campaigns. Therefore, you must refine and adjust it constantly.
Managing a PPC campaign
To run an effective PPC campaign, monitor your account activity regularly to determine the critical factors in your campaign's long-term success.
The following practices will help you squeeze the maximum potential out of your PPC advertising campaigns.
- Add unique and relevant keywords that your target customers can immediately identify with.
- Use negative keywords to filter who gets to see your advertisement.
- Increase efficiency by breaking down your campaign into smaller, more manageable ads
- Find and eliminate underperforming keywords that do not add value to your campaign.
- Feature CTAs (calls-to-action) prominently on your landing page to draw immediate customer attention and propel them to act.
On-Target! is celebrating its 20th year as an award-winning, top digital marketing firm for small businesses helping them thrive and grow. We offer web design, brand strategy, graphic design, social media, SEO, email marketing, PPC, AdWords, lead nurturing, content marketing, media buying, video production, sales, and marketing support. Call us at 281.444.4777 or book a meeting at https://www.ontargetagency.com/meetings/ssteiner.