We’ve heard it before: “What are we going to write about… and who is actually going to read it?”
It’s understandable to be skeptical about the impact of blogging for your business, wondering who will actually read your posts or questioning its relevance. Who wants to see their marketing investment get caught in a hamster wheel of meaningless posting?
However, what many people do not realize is the profound effect that content (including blogging) has on your website's ranking in search results. Done right, blogging can be a powerful tool to enhance your brand's visibility and engage with your audience effectively.
Here are a few key ways content marketing can significantly influence your website's position:
- Demonstrates Relevance to Google: High rankings on Google depend on content relevance, quality, and user engagement. Your content strategy should align with these elements.
- Appear for Keywords: Embedding terms in your content increases the likelihood of your website appearing in search results, effectively connecting with your target audience and driving more traffic to your site.
- Google Rewards Engagement: Google rewards content that engages users, indicated by longer visits and frequent page views. Quality content also attracts valuable backlinks from authoritative sites, boosting your SEO.
- Updates Alert the Algorithm: Regularly updating your website with relevant content signals to Google that your site is active, aiding in better ranking.
- Long-Term Investment: Unlike paid ads, content marketing offers enduring SEO benefits. Quality content continues to attract traffic and improve rankings over time.
We know that appearing at the top of search impacts the visibility and success of a business. So is blogging a waste of time or a smart business move? It all comes down to how you approach it (more on that later).
But where will you find the time?
A specialized team can handle the strategy, planning, and day-to-day details of content marketing, including creating a calendar and conducting regular performance analyses. This way you can focus on broader business objectives while ensuring your marketing investment continues to generate results.
Questions? Feel free to reach out. We’ve been making shit happen for 20+ years.